I was recently invited to Open Coffee Louisville at iHub to speak about our #ThinkBig initiative. #ThinkBig is a grassroots community discussion series aimed at bringing the right people together to combine ideas and know-how in order to propel Louisville forward economically. Each edition focuses on a different aspect of Louisville’s economy. The focus is on building verticals on top of industries that are already doing well here in order to promote growth and attract talent.
This iteration of #ThinkBig will focus on logistics and distribution. Historically Louisville has roots as a major shipping hub due to riverports and railways, but now it’s poised for 21st century logistics thanks to businesses such as UPS and Amazon.
Now that we have the underlying infrastructure, we’re an attractive city to large businesses – particularly eCommerce companies. Our great cost of living, lifestyle, and existing talent pool can bring us the highly skilled jobs we so desperately need to have a thriving economy. Building innovation from inside and outside Louisville can really take us to the next level, which makes this an important event for those within our business and entrepreneurial communities to attend.
Our event speakers include:
- Allison Myers from Lantech on reducing transit damage
- Danny Shaw from Sku-Vault on ecommerce companies saving money by being in Louisville
- Chad Miller from UPS on the progression of logistics in Louisville
- Kevin Gue from the Logistics and Distribution institute at UofL on the “Logistics in Louisville” project
- I’ll be on Louisville’s history as a major shipping hub and how it relates to the bourbon industry
It was great getting the word out about our event and I’m looking forward to seeing some of the Open Coffee attendees at our event next week. There are still a few tickets available, and you can reserve your spot by clicking here to register.
Photos Courtesy of Richard Meadows