It’s been a couple of weeks, so it’s time for a #10in10 update. And a bit different of an update this time. If you’ve been following my whereabouts lately or are in the area, you’d know that Louisville has been hit with a powerful ice storm that kept us out of the house without power for days. Upon our return, we have power once again, but the dreaded internet is down – what to do?
Funny the way things work out sometimes…we’ve lived in our new home almost 2 years now, and really haven’t spoken much to our neighbor. Big disaster type storms have a way of connecting people, and that’s just what this storm did. I spoke to my neighbor about letting me on to his secure wifi, and sure enough he had no problem with this! Saved me quite a few trips to the local coffee shop and allowed me to work uninterrupted. Sometimes it’s great to just step away from the computer (even when forced in this case 🙂 ), out of the echo chamber, and connect with real live people…even when they aren’t into social media (yet anyways mwhahaha).
2 to go until the big iPod winner (sponsored by Geeks.com) going to the person that drives the furthest to meet up, currently Kevin Mason from Nashville.
Previous 10 in 10 posts:
- Week 7: Meeting Louisville Soup
- Week 6: Meeting Erin McMahon aka Firestar9s
- Week 5: Meeting Scott Hack
- Week 4:Week 4 – Todd Mundt from NPR
- Week 3: meeting with Jaime Mack
- iPod Nano / Geeks.com sponsor announcement
- Week 2: meeting with Kevin Mason
- Week 1: meeting with David Finch
- Taking it to the Streets: Initial post